頁面位置： 首頁 > 雙聯學位
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT between Graduate School of Education and Information Studies University of California, Los Angeles USA And College of Education National Chung Cheng University Taiwan, R. O.C.
National Chung Cheng University in Taiwan, hereafter referred to as CCU, and University of California, Los Angeles, hereafter referred to as UCLA, Schools of Education jointly agree to implement this Memorandum of Agreement set forth below.
I. Objectives A collaborative graduate program is to be developed between the College of Education at CCU and the Department of Education at UCLA. The program will admit and educate advanced students originated from CCU pursuing Masters of Education degree in Social Sciences and Comparative Education（SSCE）. It will foster international education and research collaborations between the two departments with participations of the students. The program will award an M.A. degree by CCU and an M.A. degree by UCLA to the students who successfully complete the program requirements.
II. Structure of the program
- A. Program coordinators The program will have two coordinators, one from each university.
- B. Admission of students
- i. Students from CCU will be nominated by methods determined by CCU and the criteria are given as follows a. Qualifications of application: All currently enrolled M. A. graduate students with the College of Education at CCU are eligible. b. The deadline of the application should be submitted to the College of Education at least two months before that for the international students admission application to UCLA for the enrolled semester. c. A committee consists of three faculty members from CCU will review the qualification of applicants and recommend a list of nominated applicants to be admitted to the program. The list of nominated applicants to be admitted to the program will be determined by the faculty meeting of College of Education of CCU.
- ii. Once nominated, students will be evaluated for UCLA admission by the methods determined by UCLA.
- iii. Application and admission to UCLA will be the same as those for other international applicants, including: 1. a complete graduate-school application including application fee; 2. TOEFL and GRE scores; 3. TOEFL scores of 550 (paper), 213 (computer-based) or higher.
- iv. Number of students: the maximum number of the students enrolling the program is 5 annually.
- A. 學程負責教師 雙方將各有一位教師負責協調之工作
- B. 申請入學資格
- i. 申請學生將由中正大學自行訂定方法以推薦入學，標準如下: a. 申請資格: 所有中正大學教育學院碩士班研究生 b. 申請學生必須在UCLA所設定國際學生之申請截止日期前二個月，備妥相關申請資料向UCLA提出申請。 c. 審查委員會必須有至少3位中正大學教育學院教授組成，並決定推薦進入UCLA就讀的優先順序，最後，再由中正大學教育學院院務會議決定。
- ii. 當學生獲得中正大學推薦時，推薦學生將由UCLA決定是否給予入學許可
- iii. 獲得推薦之學生將與其他國際學生之申請標準相同，申請資料將至少包含下列事項:
- 1. 申請入學表與申請費 2. TOEFL 與 GRE成績 3. TOEFL成績必須達到筆試方式550分，電腦測試形式213分以上。
- iv. 人數限制: 每一年度進入此學程的學生最多不超過5名。
- C. Program requirements
- i. Co-advising requirement The students are required to be co-advised by two faculties, one from each university.
- ii. Course requirement While at CCU, the students are required to take a minimum of twelve (12) UCLA-equivalent credits of education courses. Upon arrival at UCLA, the students must complete all MA requirements, which include nine courses and either a written exam or thesis. The overall requirements are the same as any other GSEIS SSCE student. In addition, the students may be required to take English-language courses in accordance to the UCLA requirement of international students.
- iii. Thesis requirement While at CCU, the students are encouraged to take some thesis credits to engage in early phase of thesis research. At UCLA, the student choose the thesis requirement, the GSEIS thesis committee who may want to consult with the student’s CCU advisor will approve the thesis. CCU may also wish to consult with UCLA faculty on any thesis requirements of CCU.
- iv. Residence requirement While at UCLA, the students are required to study in the program for a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years. Students must finish the study within four years, in addition to at most two years of leave of absence. Otherwise, the students fail to be awarded an M.A. degree by CCU or UCLA.
- C. 學程要求
- i. 共同指導要求學生將分別由兩系所各一名教師負責共同指導
- ii. 課程要求 學生在中正大學就讀期間，至少必須修滿十二個等同於UCLA教育相關之研究所學分。當進入UCLA就讀時，學生至少必須修滿九個與教育相關之進階課程並完成碩士論文或碩士資格考。與教育系碩士班社會科學與比較教育學組學生的要求一致。除了二十四個修課學分外，根據UCLA對於國際學生之英文要求，入學者除了修畢二十四個學分外，可能必須修習其他相關的英文課程。
- iii. 論文要求當就讀於UCLA時，學生必須至少選修六個論文學分，並與兩位指導教授討論互動下進行研究，碩士論文必須由三個助理教授以上所組成之委員會審查同意下方得完成，其中必須包含共同指導教授。如果委員無法參加口試，可以透過書面審查的方式進行。
- iv. 修課期限當就讀於UCLA時，學生至少必須修讀滿一年，但最多不得超過三年。如果學生無法在四年內完成學位，中正大學與UCLA將不授予碩士學位。但中間可休學二年。
- D. Degrees Upon successful completion of all program requirements, the students will be awarded an M.A. degree by CCU and an M.A. degree by UCLA. In the case when the students cannot fulfill either the course or thesis requirement at UCLA, the students can return to CCU and receive a M. A. degree from CCU after completing the required courses and thesis. But UCLA will not award them M. A. degree. The credits taken at UCLA with grades B- or above will be counted toward the degree of CCU.
- D. 學位 當完成所有學程之要求時，學生將可以同時獲得中正大學與UCLA之碩士學位。學生因故無法完成UCLA之學分或論文之要求，學生可以返回中正大學，並在滿足中正大學對於課程與論文要求下，取得中正大學之碩士學位，但UCLA將不授予碩士學位。但其中在UCLA所修習之課程與論文學分，如果成績在B-以上，可抵免中正大學之課程與論文學分。
- E. Tuition During their residence at CCU, the students will pay full tuition as regular students. During their residence at UCLA, the students will pay full tuition in accordance with tuition payment by UCLA international students.
- E. 學費 當學生就讀於中正大學時，須依中正大學對於一般學生之規定繳交所需費用。當學生就讀於UCLA時，學生將根據UCLA對於國際學生之要求支付所需之費用。
- i. Students in the program will have access to standard accommodations (i.e., room and board) at UCLA. The UCLA Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) can assist in arranging housing if students complete the appropriate forms by the standard deadlines. Payment for such provisions will be made by each individual student to the housing office in accordance with that office’s standard requirements and deadlines.
- ii. The students are required to purchase the health insurance plan provided by UCLA, or obtain a waiver by providing to the Student Insurance Office proof of alternate coverage that meets UCLA’s minimum standards.
- i. 本學程之學生將可以申請UCLA所提供之標準住宿。如果學生在期限內填妥相關的申請表格，UCLA國際學生與學者辦公室將幫助學生關於住宿之相關事宜。申請的學生將根據學校所規定之要求與期限內付費而得到所提供之住宿。
- ii. UCLA要求學生購買學校所提供之健康保險，學生也可以購買符合UCLA最低標準之其他保險，但是必須向學生保險辦公室提出證明。
IV. Expenses As a prerequisite for acceptance into the program, CCU shall ensure that the documentation of full financial support is provided by each participating student. This includes, but is not limited to, tuition and fees, insurance, travel expenses, and living expenses. For the student to obtain appropriate U.S. visa in a timely manner, documentation of this support must be provided to UCLA OISS at the time of the admission offer.
V. Administration Responsibility for insuring compliance with program requirements and visa regulations will rest with the program coordinators. Should a student fail to meet the requirements or regulations, it is the responsibility of the academic departments and the coordinators of the program to inform the Responsible Officer (i.e. at UCLA, the Director of OISS and at CCU, the Dean of Office of Academic Affairs).
VI. Equal Access Policy Both institutions are committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, admission, and employment without regard to personal characteristics not related to ability, performance, or qualifications as determined by the respective UCLA and CCU policies or by government authorities. Neither institution discriminates against any person because of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. UCLA and CCU shall abide by these principles in the administration of this agreement, and neither institution shall impose criteria for the sponsorship of graduate study at UCLA which would violate the principles of non-discrimination.
VII. Evaluation The offices responsible for administering the agreement shall jointly review the program every three years to assess its effectiveness in promoting the institutions’ respective international education goals. This agreement will be effective for five years, subject to revision or modification by mutual written agreement, unless terminated by either party in the form of a written notice submitted at least eight months in advance of the academic year in which the termination is to become effective.
VII. 評鑑 負責監督此協定之辦公室將每三年評鑑這個學程以認定這個學程是否達到提升國際教育之目標。此協定自簽訂起，有效期間為五年，雙方可透過書面同意的方式以修訂相關條文。在期限內，如果其中一方希望終止協定，必須在每一個學年開始前八個月提出書面通知。
VIII. Mutual Treatment Master students in the Department of Education at UCLA could adopt the regulations of Ministry of Education, CCU, and this memorandum to apply to be awarded a joint M.A. degree by CCU and UCLA.
VIII. 互惠原則 UCLA教育學院碩士班學生若有意來中正大學教育學院修讀雙碩士學位學程，得依中華民國教育部、中正大學與本協議之相關規定辦理。
IX. Dispute resolution If any disputes arise between the parties, they must first make every effort to resolve their differences by common agreement. If resolution cannot be obtained, the dispute would then be submitted to arbitration by an independent arbiter and at a site mutually agreeable to all participants involved in the controversy.
IX. 爭議處理 如果產生爭議，雙方必須盡全力對於爭議提出解決方案。爭議如果得不到共識，則將請雙方同意之獨立仲裁者並選定雙方同意之地點裁決此爭議。
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT between School of Education University of Pittsburgh USA and College of Education National Chung Cheng University Taiwan, R.O.C.